Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter to those that celebrate Easter


I had the fortune to go to an Easter festival the other day at a Russian Orthadox Church.


They had Ukrainian pysanky eggs everywhere. All sizes and all designs.

Pysanky comes from a Ukrainian verb "pysaty" which means 'to write', so actually a pysanka is an egg that is written on.
This lady is demonstrating how it is done. The eggs in front of her are eggs at the different stages.
While watching her, I found out she will be doing a class after Easter, so guess who signed up.
I love creating things, so that is why I am so excited to belong to Heritage Makers. It is a way to do my scrapbooking all online, and then receive hardbound books of the finished product.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Diane,

That looks so fun! I wish I could attend the class with you. Maybe I could find something aroud here. Let us know how the class goes and how you like it. Post some pictures of what you do there.